The McKenzie River, situated in central Labrador, produces some of the largest Brook Trout and Landlocked Salmon in the world. The largest Landlocked on record came from the McKenzie watershed, topping the scales at 22 lbs. 10 oz.
Brook Trout, Landlocked Salmon, Lake Trout, Whitefish and Northern Pike can all readily be caught in the rivers and surrounding waters. Brook Trout average 3-5 pounds and Salmon average 4-10 pounds. Larger fish are regularly caught and released.
With five species of fish and 25 miles of seldom if ever fished territory, the McKenzie offers world-class fishing. All modern amenities are included at this remote fly-in location.
Guests have access to three rivers, all of which have fantastic fly-fishing. Lodging is provided in two cabins which sleep four fisherman each. A separate main lodge provides a place for dining and relaxation.
- 7 day total trip duration with 6 days of fishing.
- Clients do not fish on the day of arrival or departure.
- Trip originates in Labrador City
- Full accommodations at camp including hot showers, toilets and linens
- One guide per two fisherman
- Shore lunches of fresh-caught fish are daily fare and available upon request
- Fly-Fishing only, strictly catch and release
- Floatplane transportation from Labrador City to the camps
- One guide, boat, motor, and gas is provided per two fisherman
- Full accommodations including meals, hot showers and flush toilets are included
- Your total price reflects the cost of the package, taxes, and round-trip floatplane transportation
- Travel to and from Labrador City as well as overnight lodging and meals
- Alcoholic beverages
- Additional personal items
Since much of the fishing is done by wading, good waders, a wading staff and studded wading boots are a must.
Come and fish the McKenzie. Learn why this river is famed for large fish and great fishing action.
Contact us for information on this world-class fishing destination.