Anticosti Island is a whitetail deer hunters paradise! Located in the mouth of the Gulf of St. Lawrence, the Island is 135 miles long and varies from 10 to 30 miles wide. Over a hundred years ago, 220 whitetail deer were introduced on to the Island. Today the whitetail population numbers over 120, 000!
Hunts are offered from late August to late September and then again from October 30 to December 5. This management plan allows the deer to thrive and breed unmolested during the rut period, and has proven to be very successful in helping to sustain the Anticosti Island deer population. A variety of plans, both Housekeeping and American plan are offered. and all hunts are guided, with lodging provided. Air travel from Montreal to the Island is included in all rates. Stalking and still hunting are the methods used here. Safari Anticosti has a hunting territory of over 800 square miles! Two deer of either sex are allowed each hunter. Our hunters will hunt from cleared and well-marked trails in their hunting zone each day.
About Anticosti Island
Anticosti Island is predominantly a soft-wood habitat, with grassy, open marshes providing great observation spot for hunters to wait and watch. Foxes, both red and arctic, abound as do Grouse. The Island’s history, dating from the days Henri Meier, the famed chocolate baron, to today make for a fascinating story.
- Variety of American and Housekeeping plans available
- Guided hunts allowing two deer of either sex for each hunter
- Air travel from Montreal to the Island is included in all rates
- Full accommodations including hot/cold running water, flush toilet, showers
Lodging, guide, meals with American plans and air travel from Montreal to/from the island
- Travel to and from Montreal
- Food and beverages with housekeeping plans
- Meat cutting and packaging
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Hunting gear and any additional personal items